On Thursday night, the Leafs and the rest of the NHL released the 2018-19 Regular Season Schedule.
Start making plans.
The 2018-19 @MapleLeafs schedule is here.
— Toronto Maple Leafs (@MapleLeafs) June 21, 2018
As announced earlier, the Leafs open up the season against the dirty Montreal Canadiens, at home in the newly-crowned Scotiabank Arena. That is going to take some time to get used to.
That weekend, on October 7th, we get our first Hockey Night in Canada game, against the Ottawa Senators at home. The first away game is against the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday, October 8th.
Other important dates to know:
- October 11th: Leafs @ Red Wings, getting to laugh at their misery.
- November 13th-16: California road trip.
- November 26th: Leafs vs. Bruins, first match-up against the Bruins since Game 7.
- December 4th: Leafs @ Sabres: First time Rasmus Dahlin gets the pleasure of playing against the Leafs.
- March 4th-9th: Western Canada road trip.
- April 6th: Leafs @ Canadiens: Regular Season closer.
Within the release, the Leafs themselves highlight some important notes about the upcoming season’s schedule.
- Longest home stand: Four games – December 29 to January 7; February 21 to February 27
- Longest road stretch: Six games – February 9 – February 19
- Number of back-to-back games: 13
- Busiest months: February – 15 games (7 home, 8 road)
- Busiest home months: October, November, January and February – 7 games
- Busiest road month: December, February, March – 8 games
- Busiest day of the week: Saturday – 24 games