Attention salespeople, we’re looking to expand our sales force! CanucksArmy is looking to add some motivated individuals to our direct sales team with big dreams and a big appetite for success. For more information on the role, keep reading after the jump.
What kind of person…
Honestly, we just need really good salespeople. We want to work with individuals who are driven, creative, and ready to help turn our 600 million annually viewed network of websites into advertising partnerships. We offer a 25 per cent commission on sales, a tremendous amount of flexibility and a strong support system that is built to help you succeed.
The successful candidate(s) likely have a full time gig but have some free cycles to spare, have a proven record of sales success and a passion for The Nation Network and sports in general. Some other qualities that we are looking for:
- Organization and communication skills are a must. Keeping yourself on track and being able to communicate with our team effectively will be key to scoring deals, avoiding wasted time, and ensuring long term success.
- Strong interpersonal skills both over the phone, video conference, and in person. This is sales and you’ll need to be able to speak in order to land the next massive account.
- Much like the sports we cover, the Nation Network works best as a unit, so you need to be a team player and open to communicating with our group.
- Have a professional network and know what it takes to grow a client base through referral, hustle, and other best practices.
- Lastly, you’ll need to be self-motivated. Honestly. We don’t care if your home is your office but binge watching season three of Friends on Netflix won’t pay the bills.
- Have previous experience in sales; advertising sales experience is a bonus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with expertise in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Reporting (forecasting, activities, budgets, etc.) delivered on time as required.
- Able to meet/exceed agreed upon budgets. You’ll get out of this what you put in so if it’s a full time gig, great. If you can do it while punching a different clock, that’s great too. We value a work/life balance but ultimately care about strong communication and that targets are met.
What does the job look like…
This is a job in which you’ll get out if it what you put into it. While there is a large group of people to communicate and work with, it’s ultimately a role in which you’ll be expected to pave your own way. You’ll be required to work independently, familiarizing yourself with our brand and content, and in turn find advertising partners. We offer advertising opportunities on a variety of different content types, ranging from podcasting to video content to digital ads and social media.
To give some context on who we partner with, we’ve successfully worked within the automotive, construction, manufacturing, and professional services industries to name a few.
As our business continues to grow, we need driven, experienced individuals to expand our sales efforts in Toronto and Vancouver in order to propel our lofty dreams forward. If you’re a fan of what we do and share our passion for providing the best free sports content on the Internet, submit your application to join our team of sports fanatics and internet aficionados!
Does this all sound good to you? To apply, send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you in advance for the time it took to get through this article and also the extra few minutes it will take to submit your resume, however only qualified individuals will be contacted.
We know there is a lot to take in here, but fear not. The Nation will provide solid, thorough training on our products, goals, and approach to help the successful candidates get up to speed and move units—when you succeed, we all succeed!