It’s official: The Leafs started their rebuild later than the Sabres, and are much further along. A lot of people are surprised, but I think there has been a lot of evidence that this was coming.
1. We have the handsomer Nylander
the father (michael), the son (william), and the ghost (alex because he's been invisible tonight) pic.twitter.com/kSa0PRO7qF
— bobby (@bobbycappucino) April 3, 2017
If life has taught me anything, it’s that good looks means you’re better at everything at general.
2. We have the superior young American Superstar
Rookie NHL Seasons:
Matthews – 0.494 goals per game
Eichel – 0.296 goals per game pic.twitter.com/ZX84QlOYm1
— Platinum Seat Ghosts (@3rdPeriodSuits) April 3, 2017
Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have Jack Eichel on my team. He’s a solid #2 centre.
3. Our goalie isn’t a Trump Supporter
— Buffalo News Sports (@TBNSports) January 23, 2017
Robin Lehner had a great season this year and his team was still awful. I think we know why. Karma.
4. We paid our #1 d-man less than you paid yours even though he’s a lot better than yours
Rasmus Ristolainen = $5.4 million.
Morgan Rielly = $5.0 million.
Imagine having a team that considers Ristolainen their #1 d-man. Yeesh.
5. You surrounded your elite young talents with someone who fled the scene of a DUI.
6. We have the coach you wanted and paid less than you offered.
Babcock says the Sabres offer was bigger. He wanted to coach the Leafs.
— James Mirtle (@mirtle) May 21, 2015
7. Your GM doesn’t even want your best player on the team.
— Yahoo Sports NHL (@YahooSportsNHL) April 19, 2015
Remember when he whined about not winning the draft lottery and having to settle for Eichel after putting together the most blatant tank we’ve ever witnessed? Dude, just be happy that you have such a solid #2 centre.
8. Rasmus Ristolainen’s corsi
I just wanted another reason to post this chart.
9. The players have to live in Buffalo
— Joffrey Lupul (@JLupul) December 15, 2011
When will you realize that players sign a contract with Buffalo because they know they’ll get #PegulaMoney, then promptly play very poorly so they can gtfo of Buffalo as quickly as possible?
10. Whoever is in charge of the music.
the sabres arena guy was just playing a back in black/wonderwall mashup. the buffalo sabres of music selections.
— bobby (@bobbycappucino) April 4, 2017
Only impressive thing about this is that the person managed to find something worse than AC/DC and Oasis and the Sabres.