Coming into tonight’s game all the talk was about the last time the Boston Bruins visited Toronto. It was October 25th, and the Bruins dominated the Leafs en route to a 4-1 victory. Well, the Leafs were looking for some payback and they certainly got it tonight, throttling their long-time rivals for a big 6-1 win.
All you need to know about tonight’s game is that the Leafs were better than the Bruins from start to finish. Some games call for a more detailed breakdown, but tonight isn’t one of them. Below you’ll find all six Leaf goals so you can relive tonight’s win one more time:
1st Period – Phil Kessel assisted by Dion Phaneuf and Cody Franson (6:46)
2nd Period – Phil Kessel assisted by Tyler Bozak and James van Riemsdyk (0:18)
Morgan Rielly assisted by Peter Holland (1:34)
Tyler Bozak (powerplay) assisted by James van Riemsdyk and Cody Franson (3:32)
James van Riemsdyk (powerplay) assisted by Tyler Bozak and Jake Gardiner (9:51)
3rd Period – Peter Holland (powerplay) assisted by Leo Komarov and Mike Santorelli (7:21)
Moving into a tie for 3rd in league scoring with two more goals tonight, Phil Kessel is your Blue Warrior.
- Phil Kessel versus the Bruins with Zdeno Chara: 3 goals and 10 assists in 25 games played. Phil Kessel versus the Bruins without Zdeno Chara: 2 goals and 1 assist in 3 games played.
- Tonight’s Toronto Corsi King is Richard Panik with a 60.87 CF%. Team Corsi totals: Boston 55.77 CF%, Toronto 44.23 CF% (though some of that is score effects).
- It may get lost in the shuffle, but Jonathan Bernier was excellent tonight, stopping 25 of 26 shots for a .962 save percentage.
- It’s worth noting also that the Leafs were 3-4 on the powerplay tonight.
- The Komarovaissance continues: with another assist tonight, Leo Komarov now sits 4th in team scoring with 11 points in 16 games.
- Peter Holland has 7 points in his last 7 games.
- The Leafs are 6-1-1 in their last 8 games.
SEE YOU FRIDAY
The Leafs play host to the Pittsburgh Penguins Friday at 7:30PM Eastern on TSN4.