Nothing gold can stay, or at least maintain a save percentage of .947.
James Reimer, starting for the second time in as many games, looked to prove that he can hold the net from Jonathan Bernier for an extended period of time. That didn’t go very well, as the visiting Columbus Blue Jackets managed to put six goals past Reimer on only 21 shots.
Why the Leafs Lost
- Joffrey Lupul limped off the bench at the end of the second period and didn’t return for the third. Coach Carlyle says it’s a groin pull, and the team is unsure of the severity.
- Mason Raymond and Nik Kulemin were the only Leafs who weren’t on the ice for a goal against.
- Jonathan Bernier made one save on one shot in relief, for a save percentage of 1.000 SV%.
- Kessel had a time-on-ice of 19:55, so maybe that wrist is all good? Let us pray.
- Oh by the way, here’s what James Reimer would look like in different teams’ jerseys…